RULES AND REGULATIONS
We’ve listened to our league players and we’ve changed our rule book to ensure you get the most out of your league games at Goals – the biggest and best place to play! Download the rules below as a PDF, or view them directly on webpage below.
OR SEE WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER BELOW
- Most league seasons last 14 weeks and each team will play the other teams in their division twice during the season.
- At the end of each season the top 2 teams from each division will be promoted and the bottom 2 teams will be relegated (may vary) and a new season will start the following week.
- Teams will receive 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and zero for a loss. League placings will be decided by points gained, followed by goal difference, followed by goals scored, followed by the aggregate result between the two teams in question.
- All players must be registered by completing the necessary forms prior to competing for any team. Teams may register up to 20 players and no player can be registered to more than one team on the same league night. Players may only transfer their registration to another team on one occasion in the same division during the course of a season.
- Any team playing an unregistered or suspended player will automatically lose the match 5 – 0 and be deducted 3 points. Players playing whilst suspended will have a further three match ban added to the end of their then current suspension.
- Teams are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled kick off times.
- Teams must be on the pitch and ready to begin the match at the appointed kick-off time. If a team is more than 10 minutes late their opponents may claim a 3 – 0 head start, and at the referees discretion a 8 – 0 win (and deduction of 3 points to the losers).
- Teams may be replaced at any stage of the season. Replacement teams inherit the scores and points of their predecessors. No team joining after the halfway point can be awarded first or second place at the end of the season.
- Teams failing to appear for their designated fixture or not giving notice the day before of cancellation, will have the match awarded to their opponents 8 – 0, will be deducted 3 points and, for repeated absence, may be ejected from the league.
- In the event that a team refuses to complete a match which has already started, the match will be awarded to the other team 8 – 0 and the team refusing to complete the match will be deducted 3 points.
- All fixtures are to be played unless adverse weather conditions make the pitches unplayable. Any decision to cancel a game can only be made by Poolfoot Farm management.
- All Poolfoot Farm leagues are affiliated to the FA.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Time Keeping. All League teams must turn up 15 minutes before the game.
- Fees Paid In Full. All League teams must pay match fees in full and give match receipts or equivalent to the referee.
- Fixture Sheet Signing. Captains must sign the goals fixture sheet to confirm next week’s fixture.
- All Players Must Sign In. All players must sign in with the referee before kick-off (Any unregistered players need to be added).
- Inform Referee of Goal Scorers. All players must inform referees of goal scorers when prompted.
- Respect. All players should respect referees, Goals staff and opponents at all times. Failure to do this could result in your team being taken out of the league or disciplinary action being taken.
- Kick Off Starts From The Spot. Each kick off will be from the centre spot. The ball is permitted to go backwards and forwards.
- It’s A Game Of Two Equal Halves. The match will consist of 2 equal halves and teams will rotate ends each half.
- Don’t Enter The Area. Players entering their own area to gain an advantage will result in a penalty kick to the opposition. Players entering the opposition area to gain an advantage will result in the Goalkeepers ball.
- Heading The Ball is permitted.
- Free Kicks. All free kicks are direct and opposition players must be at least two yards from where the free-kick is taken.
- Ball Height is the roof netting.
- Don’t Slide Tackle. Players aren’t permitted to slide or play the ball while the player is on the floor. Also, layers are not permitted to play the ball down on one knee.
- No Fouls On Goalscoring Opportunities. Denying a goal scoring opportunity will be penalised with a penalty and the guilty player face further punishment if deemed as serious foul play or violent conduct.
- It’s A Penalty. Players may only take one step towards the ball to take a penalty and must be all one movement no stopping or stuttering. If a player fails to do it correctly no retakes will be allowed.
- Sin Bin. All yellow cards will be punished with a 3 minute sin bin, 2 yellow cards = a red and a player will be permanently sent off.
- Stay In Your Area. Only Goalkeepers are permitted in the area. Goalkeepers leaving the area to gain advantage will result in a penalty kick to the opposition.
- You Can’t Pass Directly Back To The Keeper. The ball cannot be played directly back to the goalkeeper after goalkeeper distribution. The ball must though at least 2 different outfield players before being returned to the goalkeeper. Free Kick 2 yards outside the box will be awarded.
- Players Must Be 16 Or Over. All players participating in adult leagues must be 16 years and above.
- 5 a side Teams Should Have 5 Players. For 5 a side leagues each team may field four outfield players and a goalkeeper on the pitch at any one time.
- Unlimited Substitutions. Subs can only be made with the referees consent. You can only make a sub when the ball is dead. (Free Kick, Penalty, In the area with a keeper or during a substitution already called.) Reasonable notice needs to be given to the referee to make the change.
- Shin Pads Are Compulsory. Shin pads must be worn to avoid injury – All players play at their own risk.
- No Metal Studs. No metal blades or studs allowed. Plastic or rubber studs/soles are accepted.
- No Jewellery. The wearing of any form of jewellery is not permitted during play (watches/fitbits included).
- It’s A Pitch Not A Catwalk. Sportswear should be worn – Team kits / Same Colours desired